Energizing a street light with solar energy needs materials and an initial setup of the components. Use of solar energy for powering road lamps is a task that needs physical work and technical know-how. After successful completion of the project, a solar street light can provide illumination during the night, when the sun isn’t providing any solar energy rays. This is due to the storage space of solar energy panel technology in a battery. Storage occurs during the day when the light is not needed.
Instructions Construct the Light
Anchor a 5 to 7 foot pole in the ground using concrete. The size can be modified based on your choice. Be sure to use a rod you own or have particular authorization to use. Also, despite it being known as a “street light,” it is best exercise to position the mild on your residence so it doesn’t have to be shifted later on. Given the size of the rod, professional steps will be required to securely install the light.
- Install the appropriate solar range to face south at about 35 levels. This is the appropriate route and alignment to be in direct sun light for the most hours during the day. Choosing the correct solar range size is determined by the electricity of the light being operated.
- Install the appropriate light. The electricity of the light will be restricted by the size and potential of both battery pack and solar range. Appropriate selection of the light is critical for proper function of the road light.
- Connect battery power, electric housing and clock to the pole, straight close to the solar power range and light. The electric housing will house the cable, defending it from the weather. Battery power will need to be within reach of the light it will power as well as being linked with the solar power range which will store energy in the battery power. Proper control of the cost of the battery power will be assigned to the cost operator.
- Wire the elements of the system to the charge controller. The solar range will have a good and bad lead which will be attached to the proper connections on the cost operator. Attach the timer to the solar range and set it to turn on only during dark hours. Beneficial and adverse brings are found on battery power, which should also be connected to the connections labelled as such on the operator. Connecting the good and bad results in the light to be powered is the last step. Include an appropriate fuse in the positive wires of battery power and light.
- Analyze the light. After a full day of sunshine, battery power should have had time to cost, while not overcharging, given it is controlled by the cost operator. If the clock was set and set up properly, the mild should turn on when set.
Sample of Solar Street Light Specification:
LED Range: 6 Watt
1.6 led (6 w ) Luminary with inbuilt charge controller and dusk to down controller
2. Pole of M.S. material with powder coating and height 5 mtr.
3. Battery 12v/26Ah, 2 Days autonomy
4. Solar Panel 25 W